Steadiness – Is your Faith Anchored??????


A good friend of mine, Glen (Galaxy) Runnels, sent me a text, although I am going to tell you what I told him .. that was a text sent straight to me straight from God! That blessed my soul in ways I am not sure that I can articulate, but I am going to try.

In my walk with God, while it is not the only area of struggle, it is the one area that I have battled for years and continue to battle, and that’s remaining steadfast in what I know God has said. Now allowing sights, sounds, phone calls, statements, fears, over take me as I endeavor to live my life as one with God.

I have also made the statement that it would be foolish to think that demonic forces are punks or stupid, they are crafty and smart and they have studied me and you. And when they find they are no longer successful messing with you in one area of your life, they sit back and look for the next weak spot in our armor.

While I can quote the various promises of God I find at times when life hits me fearing or doubting what I heard God say, or what I believe was going to happen wasn’t actually going to come to pass. For some these quotes may be new and for others they are familiar.

  1. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thy own understanding. (Prov. 3:5-6)
  2. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
  3. God shall supply all my needs according to His riches and Glory (Phil 4:19)
  4. No good thing will God withhold from them that walk upright (Psalm 84:11)
  5. If you concern yourself with the things of Mine I will concern Myself with the things of you (my paraphrase) (Matt. 6:33)
  6. Be anxious for nothing but with prayer and supplication with thanks giving make your request be made known unto God and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart through Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6-7)
  7. The steps of a good woman are ordered by God (Psalm 37:23)
  8.  Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6)
  9. No weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isa. 54:17)
  10. If God be for me who can be against me (Romans 8:31)
  11. When a womans/mans ways please God He will them as peace with their enemies (Prov. 16:7)

As I mentioned these are scriptures that I endeavor to stand on and yet not always am I victorious and that, to be perfectly honest, drives me crazy!

Here is the text I received and based on the things I just shared you tell me if you too believe that God sent that text to Angela Harris.

I am training you steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you. Don’t let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it. Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is how I live in you and work through you. This is the way of peace.

Of course I said, “shut up!” Inside joke for those who know me. Tell me that that text didn’t line up with just what I was sharing with you that was a struggle of mine!!

Now catch this, just before I got that text I was studying in the book of Luke and I was just meditating on the pronouncement to Mary that she would have a child having never been with a man. The scripture that struck a huge cord with me and showed me God’s attempt to speak to me through His word was this statement made about Mary. “Blessed is she who BELIEVED for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord!!

Right!! I’m with you!! I had a hallelujah time today knowing that being steadfast and accepting what God has placed on my heart, as they say in the church, if God said it then that settles it! God was confirming for me the things that He had placed in my spirit no matter what it looks like, no matter what is said, and not matter you think .. Angela Denise Harris whose report  will you believe?!! I fell to my knees and said Yours Lord, Yours!!

Steadfast is defined – as being poured into a mold, unmovable.

Steadiness is defined - the state of continuing without change

I hope my transparent testimony will bless you today and I ask that you all pray for me as I continue this journey, which I understand can only be accomplished if I truly yield my all, I surrender all, to the Holy Spirit and give Him full reign in my life!!

May you live a life that is steadfast and unmovable in Christ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment